Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Motorbikes Seen On The Street

I have a habit of snapping photos of interesting motorbikes that I see on the street. I lost a few of those pictures when I changed phones, last a while back, so I thought I would load a few up, here, just in case.

I spotted this guy, last week, as I was on my way home from the  coffee shop. I like the stripped-down crotch rocket look. This is a Yamaha, of some sort...

 I may have posted this before. It pulled into the parking lot of the joint where Steve and i were eating, post mountain bike ride, in Idaho Springs. Crazy.

 This 1996 Speed Triple was in the same parking lot. I still want one of these.

 I saw this one on the street, as i was riding my own motorbike home from work. Looks good, but I think I would miss the front brake. Early 80s Honda Hawk 400T.

 This CB 550 was parked in front of an apartment building in Capitol Hill.





This is the same model bike as the one with no front brake. For all I know, it may be the same bike, as this is an earlier picture. But, this one was taken in a different neighborhood, as I rode my bicycle home from work.




Brad and I saw this one in Salida, when we were on a 3-day motorcycle/camping trip, a couple of years ago.

Co-worker's bikes, next to mine, in our parking lot at CDOT.
 



This is outside of Erico Motorsports, where I bought my Scrambler. This Bonnie was tres cool.

 This GoldWing, and the bike below, aren't exactly on the street. They were competing at the Bonneville Salt Flats, last year. They are cool, though, so I included them, anyway.


Motorbikes are one of my biggest passions in life. I often point out that I got my first motorbike 39 years ago, and i have not had a day go by, since, that I didn't own one. Along with guitars and bicycles, they provide some of my best experiences and memories.


x


2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Fun post! I always enjoy seeing your projects, and this summary of interesting machines is a classic. Looking forward to the next chapter.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

Really nice looking bikes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home