Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Salsa Fargo Build



Danny Mc bought this Fargo on eBay, and brought it to me for a build, with some changes from the equipment with which it arrived. I sourced an external bearing bb for his XT cranks, swapped the bar out for a Woodchipper I had in my shop, removed the Conti tires and replaced them with my Stan's Crows, hooked everything up and battened down the hatches on the bar wrap with some hipster duct tape (hemp twine). The pedals came from Velo Swap, a few years ago. I had aleready passed them on to Danny, and he decided to use them on this bike. Nice riding rig, and the only bike I have ever put the Woodchipper on where it felt good!

x

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

I love the Fargo geometry. Hard to get a deal on them in Canada though.

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Toneloc said...

What did you use for a front derailleur to get the brifters to work with the XT crank?

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Toneloc: It was an XTR derailleur. I think I ran the cable on the wrong side of the clamp bolt, to make it work, iirc...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home