Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fuji, Mama!

I took the day off, today, and spent a little quality time out in the workshop, with a bike build. I had been waiting for parts, and they finally all arrived, this week.

I re-used the original crank, which was a bit grimy:


It took a bit of effort, but the crank came out fairly nice:

You should have seen the inside of the bottom bracket, before I cleaned it up. Thirty year old grease is an amazing substance.

Anyway, the bike finally came together, after a solid 8 hours of work.


It's a mid-80s Fuji Touring, built to order for a fellow who wanted a nice, classy, city bike. I think this will fit the bill.




x

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Classy is right. That's a really nice one, Jon.

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, Chris.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home